Saturday, September 12, 2009

Interesting Hypermiling Practices and The Very Positive Results

I wish I had a car that was as fuel-efficient as the Volkswagen Jetta TDI that this article from the NYT talks about: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/automobiles/13MILEAGE.html I did ask my local Volkswagen dealer, but the Jetta TDI is so much in demand that you need to wait for it. And with a new model coming out next year, I decided not to order one now lest I end up with the outgoing model.

My other choice was the Mercury Milan Hybrid but I didn't want to buy a hybrid car just before it began to get cold in Chicago and before the batteries ended up completely inefficient in the cold. Maybe, if I move to Texas next year as I would like to, that would be my next car . . .

Until then, this article should give everyone who visits here some very good ideas for conserving fuel with whatever vehicle they drive every day. Happy hypermiling!

No comments: